|George Stroumboloupolous with Richard Armitage|
From Twitter (thanks to Tracey)
Even though the actual interview happened on December 3rd, it didn't air until December 12. (What a torturous wait!) But right off the bat, Strombo hit all the right notes with his detailed introduction. The usual questions that interviewers begin with, Richard has repeatedly answered in as varied and enthusastic manner as he can manage. (He could probably do an interview in his sleep now). Anyway, those questions were answered by Strombo's introductory montage before Richard even entered the stage. So when he finally sat down for the interview, he looked rather relieved and intrigued for what was going to come.
The highlights of the interview for me were:
- Richard's insights into what might have inspired Tolkien's portrayal of the dwarven race.
- Strombo showed the clip of RA's speech at the Maori welcoming ceremony
- Richard's reaction when George and the audience donned their Gandalf hats.
- His obvious discomfort with the discussion of "naughty grass". (He is so endearingly conscientious.)
- Romana55's fanvid and Richard's reaction to that!
|screencaps courtesy of RichardArmitageCentral|
Apparently that was only a portion of the actual interview. Here is another part.
The lucky fans that were in the audience remember a bit more of the interview than is shown here. Here's hoping we get to see even more clips soon!
Let me leave you with the fanvid Strombo highlighted which provoked such a hilarious response from RA.