Wednesday, July 28, 2010

A Man Needs a Maid

I started this video before I went away on vacation, and now I've finally finished it. I hope all you Guy of Gisborne fans like it. For some reason I am stuck on a Neil Young kick, but this song has haunted me since I first heard it back in the '70s. At the time, although I loved the song, I had issues with the subject matter. It just didn't seem right to refer to a modern woman as a "Maid", and what woman wanted to be an actual "maid" to a man anyway?! So to put this song in a medieval context is, I think -- just right! (I did have to edit out the last verse as it had some modern references).

In case there are any readers out there who are not aware of my current obsession, this video features Richard Armitage in the BBC's Robin Hood series.


10 comments:

Starheart said...

Can you repost? It's been blocked. :(

Avalon said...

It wont play! And after all your hard work!

If you click on the copy right and dispute it and type in what this man says to type, it will work. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_lVVZsJNfDE
I did it and it worked after a few days.

Phylly3 said...

Avalon, thanks so much for this tutorial. It is good to know there is a way around these things.
I checked my video, and it was blocked (as you said) but after watching the video, and then checking it again on Youtube, it appears to be working again! And I didn't even change anything! That tutorial video must be magical! LOL
Please check this again, here and on Youtube and let me know if there are any problems.
Ragtag, maybe it is only blocked in Australia -- I certainly hope not!

Avalon said...

I still cant see it. Maybe it is blocked in the states?

§arah said...

Blocked in the UK too :(

Phylly3 said...

I think it works if you are signed in to Youtube. That's not great if you don't have a Youtube account, so I will be working on fixing this. Please let me know when and if, it ever starts working!

tyme_4_t said...

Watched it on youtube yesterday...played no problem...faved it too!

Phylly3 said...

Thank you tyme_4_t! I followed the advice on the video Avalon sent me. It worked right away after I followed the directions.
The audio is very soft though, (my fault). You have to turn up the volume quite a bit to hear it properly. (Don't forget to turn it down again when you're done, or you'll get a blast!)

MaryKwizMiz said...

waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah. It's gorgeous.
any combination of Neil Young & Mr. A is nigh unbeatable.
Keep being stuck on them, by all means :)
thanks a lot for a great pick-me-up at 3am :)

Phylly3 said...

@TeeTotallyNot -- I aam so glad that you are a fan of Neil Young as well as Richard Armitage (like me)! Thanks for the compliment!