Monday, November 1, 2010

Spy vs. Spy

 Spooks Season 9, episode 7...

I give up! I can't tell the good guys from the bad guys anymore, well maybe I never could. I was just fooling myself (or misinformed). One thing is for sure. I would be a terrible spy. I'm not very good at keeping secrets and although I have a very high pain threshold, I can't stand to see anyone in pain.


I needed some kind of distraction to cheer me up after watching this episode, 
but the plot of this cartoon is actually amazingly similar!



What I do know is people do love a hero. I love a hero. And I had one, but I guess I don't now. I am quite depressed about it too. I am now treading into spoiler city, but I need to talk.


My husband who has refused to watch a single episode of Spooks, but really enjoys making fun of my loud exclamations of shock, dismay and fear actually asked me tonight what happened! Where do I begin? Two seasons ago a character was introduced who captured my heart, and through many heroic efforts proved his loyalty to his country and his colleagues. Finally, after being jerked around this season for 7 episodes they have apparently told us the "real" story behind this character.
Forgive me for feeling like it's 1986 and I'm watching Dallas, and wishing that Pam would wake up and find Bobby in the shower, meaning that the whole previous season was a dream!"



Can somebody please wake up in Spooks and let it be Season 7 again?  And while we're at it, that means I get Ros back too!

Ros, Harry and Lucas from Spooks / MI-5 Season 7

This is the kind of season ending I am still hoping for, silly romantic that I am...


8 comments:

RAFrenzy said...

Oh, to be back at Season 7 again!

Avalon said...

I have not seen this season of Spooks but it sounds like I don't want to.

Lol, I remember Dallas! My parents use to watch it and they made all of us sit and watch it because we were always playing too loud, or fighting, and getting hurt, which would interrupt their beloved Dallas, so they made us sit and watch! I always liked Bobby, my brothers favored JR.

MaryKwizMiz said...

I've had this BobbyShowerAllABadDream thought in my head since...
alas it's not gonna happen :)
as for a BringBackSeries7 motion - second that (and even third!!!) not only for Ros ...
Until last nigth I was secretly hoping for a twist.. and got one.. just not the one expected.
oh for the fates to give us a Lucas-in-the-shower scene.. and I don't mean for *those* reasons :P

Fanny/iz4blue said...

ah well, don't think Spooks is the place to look for a romantic ending. Wish they had given us a bit more of that passion to make sense of his drive but perhaps it's a different kind of passion altogether!

Phylly3 said...

Well, I am in denial (and that's not the river in Egypt!), so I am trying my best to hold it together until next week. I'll probably be a basket case by the end of THAT episode!

Traxy said...

I have the same with my hubby. He doesn't really watch it but he tends to ask me what happened. :)

Fabolaktuko said...

Dear Phylly! Love your post. Loved watching Bobby Ewing in the shower scene again also. As you know, I agree with you 100% about bringing the heroic Lucas back.

Phylly3 said...

Alas! It was not to be! I still will watch Spooks 10 (for Harry and Ruth's sake) but I have lost a lot of respect for that series. 'Nuff said!