Monday, August 22, 2016

It's that Time again!

I know... I know!  I have been a very bad blogger!  My last post was a year ago!  That's right, last Armitage Day.  So I guess I am now down to an annual post.

I haven't lost my interest in our dear Mr. Armitage.  It was just that I couldn't keep up with the intensity of it and well, there were other interests too...  Not other actors!  Oh no, I am still a one-man woman.

There is the wonder of Netfix though.  For the last several summers I have spent a lot of it binge watching whole seasons of certain shows.  Last summer it was Gilmore Girls.  The summer before it was Wallander (the Swedish series) - more about that soon (I hope!).  The previous summer it was Life on Mars (the English series - no, not the American one, sorry!).  This summer it was, and is... Doctor Who!  I have just started watching Matt Smith's version of the Doctor, and while I do miss David Tennant, I am still enjoying the show very much.

I first started watching Doctor Who many moons ago as a youngster when this guy was the Doctor.
Tom Baker - the Doctor from 1974-1981
 I was curious when they resurrected the series in 2005 with Christopher Eccleston.  I watched the first couple of episodes and enjoyed it, but somehow I lost track of it and never bothered about it again until the winter before last when I caught a Christmas special on cable tv - probably a rerun because it had Matt Smith in it then.  It was quite enthralling, and there was another episode after that, then another, and on until around 3:00 in the morning I finally decided I needed to go to bed!  Good thing this was during the Christmas holidays!  So I caught the Who bug, you might say.  But I didn't really do anything about it, until I Doctor Who showed up on Netflix.   I think the original episodes were on first.  I did try to watch the earliest ones -  but couldn't get past the really amateur special effects.  Then finally the new episodes showed up!  I was savouring them at first, but then I got worried that Netflix might discontinue them before I could finish with them (like they did with MI-5). I still haven't seen all of season 6 (or was it 5?).  Anyway, hence the summer binge watching!

As always, I would love it if my latest obsession could merge with my main one.  If that would be so, my dream would come true and I would see something like this:
Not sure who to credit for this, if it is yours, please let me know! 

From Tumblr: 
  Ahh!  He is wearing the MI-5 blue suit... Yes!


I found this picture a couple of years ago and I have been waiting to share it.
Once again I wish I knew who created it.


I was pleased to discover someone has actually created a fanvid with Richard inserted into the show.
How did I miss seeing this for so long?


Link to Youtube

I hope all the fandom has a wonderful time this Armitage Day


14 comments:

Fabolaktuko said...

Happy Armitage Day!

Phylly3 said...

And you too! Thanks for visiting ol' pal!

Servetus said...

Armitage was a fan of Life on Mars, too, apparently.

Happy Armitage Day! If that is what it takes to get you back, he should have a birthday every day.

Anonymous said...

Happy Armitage Day! 😊

Anonymous said...

It's good to hear from you again(a deserved blogger of the past glorious Armitage blogging days). It's only recently that I looked on your site and wondered where you're probably happen to be.... All the more wonderful to see that you're doing fine and are still interested in the one (and only) man!!! ;-)
linda60

Phylly3 said...

Aww! That is so sweet! And I didn't know that he was a fan of Life on Mars. But it doesn't surprise me because it was so great!

Phylly3 said...

Thanks Zan!!

Phylly3 said...

Thanks for visiting linda60! I keep intending to do more blog posts but I am too easily distracted and also pretty lazy! 🙄If I just would just finish my drafts I would have a ton of posts!

Guylty Pleasure said...

Happy Armitage Day!
Did you watch "Ashes to Ashes", too, the follow-up to "Life on Mars"? Same premise of the show, still with "the guv" but with a female lead. Not quite as good as "Life on Mars" but it brings the show to a conclusion.

SueBC said...

Love the Dr. Who concept! By the way, when they took MI-5 off of Canadian Netflix, I actually managed to find the whole series at the public library. Got my fix that way.

Phylly3 said...

@SueBC - I have my own DVDs of series 7-9 of MI5 because you-know-who is in them. But unfortunately our local public library only carries movies and not TV series. But thanks for the idea- maybe I can convince them!

Phylly3 said...

@Guylty- Hmmm... I hadn't heard of that one. I would miss John Simm though. It was super to see him play a recurring role on Doctor Who.

Gratiana Lovelace said...

Aww! Love the graphics! Happy Armitage Day! Hugs!

Phylly3 said...

Thanks Grati! Sorry I missed your comment. I've been back to work after summer break and then busily getting ready for a trip. Back now!