Monday, January 23, 2012

By special request for RAFrenzy!

Not long ago when I came up with my third posting of Coldplay RA Fanvids, RAFrenzy commented that she wished I could post her favourite Coldplay fanvid by CrimsonCoat.  Apparently it had been previously removed from Youtube (by the powers that be) and she was hoping I might find it for her.

I was hoping someone out there might read that note and fill us in on how to possibly view it again.  But rather than wait for a miracle, I decided to do some detective work myself.  First I checked Youtube for CrimsonCoat which yielded no results. Then I tried Vimeo and also struck out.  So I tried Youtube again with just a general search.  I actually forget exactly how I found her because it could have been while looking at a list of subscribers on someone else's page but... when I saw the name ScarletBlazer it occurred to me that the name sounded very close to CrimsonCoat.  So I clicked on her channel to read this message:

About RedJackett CrimsonCoat -- I used to [be] someone else twice, but then I got removed yet again.

BINGO! (At least I hoped so).  So I sent her a message.  Last night I got a reply... She reuploaded the video!  So thank you for the request RAFrenzy!  I hope you enjoy the video. And thank you so much ScarletBlazer.  Let's hope your video is never removed again!




North & South: X&Y / by ScarletBlazer

10 comments:

RAFrenzy said...

Thank you so much! You did good, Phyllis!! I am enjoying it. :D

Hey, Blogger got a censorship ribbon! Alright!

Phylly3 said...

You are most welcome. I'm happy to please.
I was also happy to find the censorship ribbon but even more happy that Blogger finally enabled threaded comments!

Fanny/iz4blue said...

you're a real sleuth!! Awesome find :) (Frenz asked me to check my library awhile back) the name change cleverly done too! Of course I downloaded asap and EvalineKnightley's was a new one on the previous post for me! Thank YOU!!!

Phylly3 said...

Why thank you Fanny! Fanvids are such a joy to me. I have discovered so much fabulous music from them!

fitzg said...

Fanvids are simply gorgeous! The talent, the eye and the ear involved are way beyond ordinary imagination. That vid by ScarletBlazer is lovely.Thanks to you both. And to Frenz for the prompt. :)

Phylly3 said...

Thanks Fitzg! I always enjoy it when you drop by! :)

NovemberBride said...

ahhh, we need you in the genealogy world!!! Way to go!

bccmee said...

Very good work, phylly3! I'm glad to see this video for the first time. Snaps to the vidder!

Phylly3 said...

Funny, my oldest sister is heavily into genealogy, so I am into it vicariously too. She is an excellent fact finder!

Phylly3 said...

I hadn't seen it before either. She reuploaded it for me! I wonder how many other RA vids she might have? I'd like to see more.