Tuesday, June 22, 2010

It's not easy being green...


Having to spend each day the colour of the leaves...
(Richard Armitage in Strike Back)
Although doesn't the camo paint make Richard's eyes look green? I thought they were blue, but after some discussion over on the Me + Richard Armitage blog, an anonymous commenter pointed out that they were really grey!  Nothing wrong with green though! It's my favourite colour actually. And green is the colour of frogs!
Frogs! Yes, frogs. I love them.
Why do I love frogs (you may ask)? Let's see, like a frog, I am happiest near water (or in it). Frogs look like they are smiling, which makes me happy! They eat bugs, (which I hate) so they are helping to make my environment bug-free. They are also known for their springtime serenades!

Kermit is my favourite frog!

The things I learn by blogging! Apparently dear Kermit is a world traveller! Here is his World Tour website:
Here he is in London, England!
Exactly where I will be travelling to soon. I wonder if he has any pointers for me?


Favourite Literary frogs:

by Beatrix Potter  


 
This series of children`s books was written as easy readers in the 1970s. In 2008 the author`s daughter discovered some unpublished stories, which she decided to illustrate herself. 


Grandfather Frog 


Now here is something old, but new to me. I can`t resist including it, as it is a children`s song and cartoon written by none other than Paul McCartney!


Wouldn`t it be great if kissing a frog really worked
 
 Presto -- Changeo!
 
A Prince among men if I ever saw one!

9 comments:

Avalon said...

I also have wondered why RA's eyes seem to change color, but I assumed he wore contacts to assume whatever role he was playing.
I like frogs too. We have a pond on our property full of lily pads and grumpy frogs, well they look grouchy to me.
Cute post, especially liked Kermit.

Maria Grazia said...

Light coloured eyes may change their nuances and even their colour depending on a physical phenomenon, it depends on the refraction of the light. Nothing so romantic I know, but it happens to many people with light blue/green/grey eyes. I just love RA's eyes - whatever colour they are - for what they can express, for how much they can say ... They are incredibly light, which is something I especially love.

Fanny/iz4blue said...

Kermit is my favorite frog too. I don't think we missed the muppetshow once, as my mother loved those old guys at the end. Its summerreading time for my little one's and will have to check that new Arnold Lobel book out. I'm still confused about RA's eyes as Deb over at Nat's blog who saw him up and close called them blue. @Maria I think I will take your word for it and like you said it's the expression that makes them sublime.

Anonymous said...

What a trip down memory lane. I just bought "Frog and Toad are Friends" for my nieces. With tears in my eyes. It was like one of those mastercard commercials about how what you are buying is priceless. I wish I could have found the copy my brother and I had.

And, and Kermit. Still in love with him.

Phylly3 said...

Glad that most of you are fellow Kermit fans! Have you checked out that link to the blog "Kermit on Tour"? There are some very cute/funny pictures there!
@MG, yes I am endlessly fascinated with Richard's eyes. Maybe one more post where I mention them and then I really should give it a rest!

tyme_4_t said...

Kermit rocks!!! The Muppet Show was (and still is) a favourite tv show! When I saw Anne Murray appear as a guest star I knew then she was truly a big star! and for a young girl in Nova Scotia that was impressive.
And how could you not love Kermit with those big eyes...
And speaking of eyes RA's are lovely now matter the colour...

fitzg said...

Phylly, I read Frog and Toad, and Beatrix Potter to my son! And Sesame Street and Mr. Rogers were the only TV he got to watch (with me).

@servetus, I might still have a couple of Frog and Toad books in the "library". If I knew where, would send them to you! They have sentimental value, but a good home is a good home.

PS, speaking for the blue-eyed family members (not me), light blue eyes so often look more grey. None of them seem to reflect green, however. I seem to be the closest to green, and mine are more mud-puddle-coloured than anything! Well, I suppose a frog can live in a mud-puddle... :)

Fanny/iz4blue said...

Hey phylly, I just requested a whole bunch of the Froggy books from Jonathan London. The series is a favorite for my kids and have fun audioversions. (book + cd) They hold a special place in my heart as those were the first books that really motivated my older son to read because of the humor.

Phylly3 said...

@iz4spunk -- Jonathan London is a super author and our school library has quite a few in the Froggy series. (You can see one in the book display picture on Maria Grazia's blog).
Thanks for all your comments everyone!