Sunday, July 1, 2012

What floats your boat?

Several of my friends are now the proud owners of a pontoon boat, and I have luckily been invited to spend a lovely day of fishing on one for Canada Day.  The forecast is for sunny skies and 28 degrees Celsius (or about 82 degrees Fahrenheit for the non metric types), which is just about perfect!  I am not very good at fishing, but I will enjoy being out on the lake in the company of very enjoyable friends!


I must admit to a small case of boat envy!  Even though we have lived so close to so many lakes forever, we only finally bought a small skiff a couple of years ago.  It's good enough to take a couple of people fishing but the motor is not powerful enough for waterskiing.  Plus we bought it second hand from a fishing camp so it is really nothing to look at! 

Oh well, maybe some day we'll be able to keep up with the Jones's and buy a party boat!  But if I'm going to dream, I hope it comes with a captain who just might look something like this....


Graphic art by my dear anonymous friend!


6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Enjoy Canada Day!

RA in leather shorts and a Mountie? hat? Too good!

fitzg

Phylly3 said...

I know, eh? Thanks for visiting today fitzg. I hope you had a nice day!

April73 said...

Hmmm, Richard will be a gorgeous captain like that... ;-)

tyme_4_t said...

RA floats my boat no matter what he is or is not wearing 8-)

Your Canada Day plans sound like fun...hope you caught a big one!

Traxy said...

Happy belated Canada day! :)

Phylly3 said...

Thanks April, Tyme_4_t and Traxy! It was a lovely day spent with fun friends. The only way it could have been better is if we had caught more fish, and taken time to go see the Fireworks! We had a fabulous buffet supper anyway (the fish was only a small part of it) and the flies were kind enough not to be too buggy!